To improve the Mandarin listening, speaking, reading, writing, and Chinese computer key-in abilities of overseas compatriot youth who will come to Taiwan for further study or attend the Overseas Youth Vocational Training Program and Vocational Education Program for Overseas Compatriot Students in 2023 to increase their ability to adapt to living and studying in Taiwan.
1. Program schedule
(1) February 4th to April 9th, 2023 (10 weeks, every Saturday and Sunday, 2 hours per day, 40 hours in total).
(2) Divided into morning classes and afternoon classes.
a. Morning class: 9 am to 11 am Taiwan time (GMT+8).
b. Afternoon class: 3 pm to 5 pm Taiwan time (GMT+8).
(1)Overseas youth aged 12 to 24 (age calculated to the first day of class of the program signed up for), holding a passport issued by his or her country of residence or a Taiwan passport with Overseas Compatriot Identity Endorsement, currently residing overseas, with strong desire to learn Mandarin. Students should hold an I-Compatriot Card when applying for the program.
(2)Students who will come to Taiwan to go to university or attend the 2023 Overseas Youth Vocational Training Program and Vocational Education Program for Overseas Compatriot Students will be given priority. A recommendation letter from an ROC overseas office or recommendation unit must be submitted with applications.
3. Application Procedures
(1) Registration date: from now until January 27th , 2023 or the program is full.
(2) Those who register the program should have the number of iCard. If not, please apply for it online, the website is https://iCard.Taiwan-World.Net
(3) Registration method: students should apply for the program on the website (https://register.ocac.gov.tw/cht/index.php?/sign/2023LSP
) before the deadline; the documents provided by the students will first be reviewed by an overseas mission of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of China or Culture Center of Taipei Economic and Cultural Office and will then be reviewed by the OCAC(If there is no expatriate staff from the OCAC, the documents will be reviewed by the OCAC directly). The OCAC will inform the overseas missions of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the ROC or Culture Centers of Taipei Economic and Cultural Offices of the admission results, and announce the results on the website above every week.