- Diplomatic status:unofficial relations
- Official Language:English and French
- Government Type:parliamentary republic
- Capital:Port Louis
- Embassies and Missions:Taipei Liaison Office in the Republic of South Africa
- Taiwanese Overseas Compatriot Association:Taiwanese Emergency Assistance Association in Mauritius
- Traditional Overseas Compatriot Association:Hakka Association in Mauritius
- Overseas Compatriot Educational Association:
1.Chinese National High School Alumni and Youth Association
2.Taiwan College and University Students in Mauritius Association
- Overseas Chambers of Commerce:Taiwanese Chambers of Commerce in Mauritius
Mauritius, officially the Republic of Mauritius, is an island nation about 2,000 kilometers off the southeast coast of the African continent. Mauritius is a member of the World Trade Organization, the Commonwealth of Nations, La Francophonie, the African Union, the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC), the Indian Ocean Commission, the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA).
Mauritius is highly ranked for democracy and for economic and political freedom. Since independence in 1968, its economy has undergone a remarkable economic transformation from a low-income, agriculturally based economy to a diversified, high-income economy, based on tourism, textiles, sugar, and financial services. Mauritius is ranked high in terms of economic competitiveness, a friendly investment climate, good governance and a free economy. Its economic history since independence has been called "the Mauritian Miracle" and “the Success of Africa". In recent years, information and communication technology, seafood, hospitality and property development, healthcare, renewable energy, education and training have emerged as important sectors, attracting substantial investment from both local and foreign investors.