To share Taiwan's excellent health care resources with its overseas compatriots and promote Taiwan's health care capabilities, the Overseas Community Affairs Council (OCAC) and the Ministry of Health and Welfare have launched a health counselling Eucare APP to help overseas compatriots to secure online medical consultation when needed. In response to the rampant COVID-19 pandemic, this service will help overseas compatriots who are under home quarantine or during the epidemic prevention period to get necessary medical information and consultation from medical professionals in Taiwan. The Eucare App is another result of the OCAC's online service programs. It demonstrates that the government cares for the overseas compatriots, particularly during the difficult time of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Service subject: Overseas compatriots with the Overseas Compatriot Card
- Service content: 24-hour emergency health care counselling
- Fee standard: Free during epidemic prevention period
- Counselling languages: Chinese, English acceptable for text files
- Service times: epidemic period October 2020- December 2021; any extension will be announced separately
- Doctors' background: Emergency specialist doctors from four major medical centers (Linkou Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taichung China Medical University Hospital, Chimei Hospital, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital)
- Points for attention: In life-threatening situations, immediately contact the local emergency medical care system or immediately to a hospital for treatment.
- Scan the QR-Code below to download.