- Diplomatic status:unofficial relations
- Official Language:English
- Government Type:presidential republic
- Embassies and Missions:Taipei Representative Office in the Republic of Somaliland
- Overseas Compatriot Association:Taiwanese Chamber of Commerce in Uganda
Uganda, officially the Republic of Uganda, is a landlocked country in East-Central Africa. It gained independence from the UK in 1962. Plagued by weak governance, rampant corruption, and failure to invest adequately in health, seriously affecting its investment climate, Uganda is one of the poorest nations in the world. Its economy is heavily based on agriculture. This sector employs some four-fifths of the working force. The country has a large diaspora, residing mainly in the United States and the United Kingdom. Its diaspora has contributed enormously to Uganda's economic growth through remittances and other investments.