- Diplomatic status:unofficial relations
- Official Language:English
- Government Type:presidential republic
- Embassies and Missions:Taipei Representative Office in the Republic of Somaliland
- Taiwanese Overseas Compatriot Association:Taiwanese Chamber of Commerce in Kenya
Kenya, officially the Republic of Kenya, is a country in Eastern Africa famed for its scenic landscapes and vast wildlife preserves. Tourism is an important contributor to Kenya’s economy.
With a population of more than 47.6 million people, as of 2020, Kenya is the third largest economy in sub-Saharan Africa after Nigeria and South Africa. Its macroeconomic outlook has steadily posted robust growth over the past few decades, mostly from road and rail infrastructure projects. However, with weak governance, corruption, massive theft of public funds, over-legislation, and an ineffective judiciary, one third of its population lives below the international poverty line. Agriculture is the largest sector.